- DAY 1: Morning Flight to Tarapoto - Moyobamba
We will pick you up from your hotel in lima for our flight to Tarapoto. As soon as we get there we will be welcome for our drive to start our drive to Moyobamba and enjoin the hummingbirds feeders at Waqanki Lodge. We will try for some owls before or after Dinner. Overnight in Waqanki Lodge or Hotel
- DAY 2: Calzada Reserve - Pomacochas (huembo)
After breakfast we will explore Morro de Calzada Preserve and spend some time birding along the dry forest. After lunch we will drive to the mountains to get afluente, abra patricia and huembo center. Dinner and Overnight in Pomacochas hotel.
- Day 3: Birding Pale-billed Antpitta - Owlet Lodge
There is a chance for: Pale-billed Antpitta (endemic)at an Lorenzo area. The fisrt part is by vehicle all the way to San Lorenzo village, then we need to walk the uphill for aorund 30 minutes or a bit more for: Chestnut-crowned Cotinga, White-capped Tanager, Rusty-tinged Antpitta, peruvian Wren and Russet-mantled Softtail. We will back for lunch and after huembo center for Marvelous Spatuletail and other hummers. Dinner and night in Owlet Lodge
- Day 4-5: Full Days Birding
We will have two full days birding along the canopy tower, trails, lodge surroundings and along abra patricia valley doing some stop at Afluente, Alto Nieva feeders for extra species. We will try for the Owlet and other species before dinner. Nights in Owlet Lodge.
Morning birding the hill forest behind the lodge. And After Lunch we will start our drive to Tarapoto. There are several stops along the road. After Lunch we will seacrh for centain species outside town. Night in Tarapoto hotel.
- Day 7: The tunnel, Koepecks Hermit Station - Lima
Early drive up to the tunnel for Dooted Tanager, Plumbeous Euphonia, Masked Tanager, Golden-collared Toucanet, Cliff Flycatcher and several other found along the reserve. Then we will visit the feeders for the Endemic Koepecks Hermit. There is a chance to get also Golden-headed Manakin lek near the station with some luck White-plumed Antbird, Long-tailed and Great Potoo roosting. Then we will be transfer to Tarapoto airport for our evening flight to Lima.
NOTE: If you still have more time you can extend your trip for more birds before your flight to Lima:
1. The endangered Scarlet-Banded Barbet (endemic) at plataforma for extra 4 days with several other species only found there starting from Tarapoto and back Tarapoto.
2. For White-masked Antbirt (endemic) at San Lorenzo for 4 days including a short plane trip to get and back the area and many other resident species.
Have a nice birding trip!